The OLTP Host Concentrator solution is built around the Vanguard Networks’ 6800 Series Multiservice router. The 6840 can be used in the data center to terminate medium to large networks while the Model 6841 also includes hardware based encryption acceleration. Each 6800 can be bundled with the Vanguard SNA+ ApplicationsWare which includes the Enterprise BSC Connector and Enterprise SNA Connector solution software.Vanguard’s Enterprise BSC Connector provides a gateway into a carrier network from any remote location, and LAN based termination of the network into the central site data center. Any BSC ATM or bank host processor can be connected to the remote Vanguard Networks’ Access Services Gateway. The gateway terminates the BSC3270 or BSC2780/3780 protocols and sends only the data across the network, without tunneling.Vanguard’s Enterprise SNA Connector provides a gateway into a carrier network from any remote location, and LAN based termination of the network into the central site data center. Any SDLC (WAN) or LLC2 (LAN) connected ATM, POS or financial controller can be connected to the remote Vanguard Access Services Gateway. The gateway terminates the SDLC or LLC2 protocols and sends only the data across the network, without data link switching which sacrifices performance due to high overhead.Solution
OLTP Host Concentrator Solution Benefits
- Redundant T1 Links with Unattended Failover for high availability in data center.
- Supports Enterprise BSC Connector and Enterprise SNA Connector software.
- Supports up to 1000 Logical Units
- Host processors can be upgraded to the latest technology
- Eliminate serial lines, leased lines and controllers associated costs in data center
- Front end processors (HP SWAN or IBM 3745) can be eliminated
- Reduced or eliminated associated maintenance costs
- Higher availability and performance over the WAN since no BSC or SNA protocols traverse the network
- Improving application performance
- Solution designed to meet the toughest security standards of PCI and can be fully managed under SNMP.
Additionally, Vanguard Networks’ gateways also support IP or BSC ATMs enabling an enterprise to maintain and grow their IBM Z-series mainframe environment and remote SDLC devices while co-existing with other IP-based and voice applications on a single network.